Smoothie bowls are a quick and delicious breakfast providing you with important nutrients to keep you satisfied throughout the day.
The difference between a regular smoothie and a smoothie bowl is that they are a thicker consistency and can be topped with fresh fruit, coconut, cereals or nuts – meaning you can’t down it in 10 seconds.
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 frozen mango
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 teaspoon raw pro biotic
- 2 tablespoons coconut chips
- 6 roughly chopped almonds
- Blend the milk, banana, mango, protein powder and pro biotic in a blender (I used a Nutribullet) until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with coconut chips and almonds.
You can re-create this using any of your favourite fruits, for an extra hit of greens you could add spinach and spirulina.