Super Food Pancakes
These pancakes are packed full of nutritious ingredients keeping you full and energised throughout the day. They are also extremely delicious!
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 150g ricotta
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they are ground into a powder-like consistency.
- Combine oats, eggs, milk, chia, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl. Rest for 15 minutes to allow the oats and chia to soften.
- Add ricotta and stir into pancake mixture.
- Heat a non stick pan over a low/medium heat with enough coconut oil to lightly grease the pan. Spoon in the pancake mixture mix, 2 tablespoons per pancake.
- Turn down the heat so the pancake cooks through.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Serve with berry coulis**, greek yoghurt, banana and a drizzle of raw honey.
- 1 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon of water
- drizzle of honey
Place the above ingredients into a small pan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low simmer until berries, honey and water have started to thicken.
Recipe via: Crank Health Fitness http://www.crankhf.com.au/superfood-pancakes/